Karte.LVIII

Coffee and Kinta River

Introducing my new blend, yup coffee + kinta river , ok it's not like i am taking kinta river's water to make a cup of coffee, kinta river is the spot and coffee is the drink, you know me, coffee is practically my life.

The place was rather serene, I would really like to applaud those who developed that area, it's about time Ipoh have a concept of dining by the river side thingy, but unfortunately it's just like few percent of completion, and yeah kinta river's water is still brownish but at least it's something and i totally dig the environment there with so miniature famous bridges such as the Brooklyn bridge, our infamous Penang Bridge, London Bridge and if i am not mistaken there's 2 more, which i think it's rather a cool concept :)

As for beverages, it does not only serve coffee, you can reasonable western food typical "Yeolde" style of food there, price is pretty reasonable and best part is there's not tax! hehehe everything sold there is net price. I didn't had the chance to try the food there, I just a had a cup of coffee with my friend as we both have taken a very heavy dinner i guess.

As a reminiscence, this place, Kinta River brought back lots of memories to me while i was a school kid then, as my bus would always stop next to the school and we would run down to the river and start throwing stones beside the river bank, then to me the river was just a very big drain to drain out all the dirts of the city and it even smells but now look at what man has decided to do it, I am pretty pleased with it. Definitely will visit again :)

Well, I really do hope this project would be a success so I would have another thing to look forward to when I am back in Ipoh, so ppl of Ipoh do check out this place, it's just located next to St. Michaels School if you are wondering where it's where abouts. Sorry for not much of pictures uploaded due to my phone's low battery, but promise if i ever do visit there again i will take more pics :)

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: