Karte.LVII

Coffee and Newspaper

A Blend of Life's Relaxation

It got me thinking today, it's really slow here, when i looked at my cup of coffee, it reminds me of the times I had in KL where every morning when I wake up the first thing i will do is march to the kitchen and boil water for my Nescafe, then while waiting for my water to be heated up, without wasting time, i'll bath wash up and gear up to face the day, but without that cup of nescafe i am as good as half alive. Before I move out of the house i'll gulp that cup of nescafe down because I am always in a hurry. Sometimes i gulped so fast, I don't even get to taste how it taste like hahahaha... But when I am back in Ipoh, there's no more Nescafe, instead i get coffee, and not coffee alone, it's coffee with papers ..

Yup :) life can't get more relaxing and better than this, I don't think Ipoh coffee sounds unfamiliar to people these days already right? I don't know why there's this special taste of Ipoh coffee which i can't get anywhere else especially in KL hahaha yup and the infamous "chum" is superb!

FYI -> "Chum" is mixture of "teh" and "coffee" and it's my another favourite.

Like i said, life can't get anymore relaxing than sipping a cup of hot coffee in the morning with newspapers to read, gosh i do sound like some "ah pek" in their midst 50s but thats how i liked my mornings to be.Every sip of the coffee you can taste the sweetness and bitter of that drink, that's what made me love coffee so much, sweet and bitterness. This kind of therapy is really interesting because as you sip down that coffee you'll feel that life suddenly has gone so slow, that tiny cup of coffee feels like it's taking forever to finish and if you compare yourself to the life when you are living in the fast lane, that tiny cup of coffee posts no satisfaction at all because by then it will not be sipping it'll be gulping and before you know it you'll be burning your tongue because the coffee is still hot. Poor coffee, depreciated like that.

You can't deny for coffee lovers, ipoh coffee is still the best in most parts of Malaysia but of course don't compare with Starbucks because its way off limits. But economically, i think RM1 sounds very reasonable for a cup of coffee at a Chinese restaurant. If you take in consideration value for money, RM1 compared to RM15 then you'll see the difference. This RM1 price you can only find it in Ipoh hehehe, jealous? I still remember drinking Coffee at 80cents, that's pretty way back into those years already but till now, RM1 is still ok :) value for money hehehe ...

So, now you have it the blend of my life, for coffee lovers out there, do share how you'll enjoy your coffee, coffee is like part of my companion in life already, without it, gosh, how could i survive :) COFFEE AND PAPERS...

"There is more to life than increasing its speed"-Gandhi-

2 comments:

jessky said...

yeah!!wait me bek..lets go coffee again..this time mz go "nam heong"!!

Anonymous said...

dei....pei blog competition gah?